COVID-19 Policies & Shipping FAQ
During COVID-19 we have adapted our wine shop, tasting room and wine shipping policies to keep the local wine flowing while reducing risk to customers and staff. Please read the following FAQ for more information:
No. Our tasting room is now closed for the winter. We will re-open late spring for the 2021 season (likely April or May depending on how things pan out with the pandemic.) When the tasting room is open, we follow regulations set in place by the Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC to provide a safe and enjoyable wine tasting and shopping experience. Please see our COVID-19 Safety Plan at the bottom of this page for further details.
Can I purchase wine to be picked up in person?
Yes. Orders placed online or over the phone can be picked up in-person at the winery. Please email or call 250-652-3782 to confirm a pick-up time at the winery.
How does the free shipping work? Is there a minimum order? How long will it take to get my order?
- Pick-up orders = no minimum
- Local delivery (Victoria area) = $75 minimum
- BC (outside Victoria) = $125 minimum
- Canada-wide = $250 minimum
Can I still have an order shipped if my order doesn't meet the free shipping minimum?
How does the local delivery work? What geographical area does this cover?
Based on demand, local delivery will be provided 2-3 days/week by yours truly, Mike Rathjen, owner and winegrower at Rathjen Cellars... via the winery Prius! We will contact you to confirm a delivery time window. The local delivery area encompasses all of the Saanich Peninsula, Victoria proper, and out to the western communities as far as Metchosin.
We are encouraging all orders to be placed and paid for through our online store, but we can also accept e-transfers. For in-store purchases, contact-less payment for debit, credit and Apple Pay is available. All orders will be packed at the winery under sanitary conditions. We are using all necessary sanitary precautions as outlined by VIHA and provincial health regulations for order pick-up and delivery.
Our COVID-19 Safety Plan (for wine tastings & sales):
If you have had any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days:
fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches or headache...
Please stay home until you are symptom-free for at least 10 days.
Our Cleanliness Commitment:
- All surfaces and touch points will be sanitized frequently
- Washroom available and will be cleaned frequently
- Our staff members will wash their hands frequently
- All tasting and sales locations will be fully sanitized between use
Our Customer Guidelines:
- No more than 9 patrons in the tasting room at one time
- Please wait at the door for a staff member to welcome you and guide you into the tasting room
- Use hand sanitizer (available at entrance) before entering tasting room
- Please wear a mask at all times, except during your tasting
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other patrons and staff
- Follow directions from staff members
Our Tasting Room Guidelines:
- We encourage booking ahead for a wine tasting reservation
- Tastings are $5.00 / person and include 4 wines (fee waived with purchase)
- Three tasting locations are available with a maximum group size of 6 individuals
- Wine is available for purchase from the purchase counter
- Cash accepted, Debit / Credit encouraged (tap available)