COVID-19 Policies & Shipping FAQ
During COVID-19 we have adapted our tasting room and wine shipping policies to keep the local wine flowing while reducing risk to customers and staff. Please read the following FAQ for more information:
Yes. We have re-opened our tasting room on July 3, 2020. Hours of operation are Friday and Saturday from 11am to 5pm. We are following regulations set in place by the Ministry of Health and WorkSafe BC to provide a safe and enjoyable tasting experience. To allow sufficient physical distancing and sanitization between tastings we are encouraging our guests to make a reservation for their preferred tasting time. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is as follows:
If you have had any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches or headache) Please stay home until you are symptom-free for at least 10 days.
Our Cleanliness Commitment:
- All tasting locations will be fully sanitized between tastings
- All surfaces and touch points will be sanitized frequently
- The washroom is available will be cleaned frequently
- Our staff members will wash their hands frequently
Our Tasting Room Guidelines:
- Wine Tastings are by appointment
- Tastings are $5.00 / person and include 4 wines (fee waived with purchase)
- Wine is available for purchase from the purchase counter
- Cash accepted, Debit / Credit encouraged (tap available)
- Four tasting locations are available for reservation with a maximum group size of 6 individuals.
- No more than 18 persons will be in the tasting room at one time
Our Customer Guidelines:
- Please wait outside for staff member to welcome you and guide you to your tasting station
- Use hand sanitizer (available at entrance) before entering tasting room
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from staff members and other patrons at all times
- Follow directions from staff members
Yes. Orders placed online or over the phone can be picked up in-person at the winery. Please email or call 250-652-3782 to pre-arrange a pick-up time at the winery from Monday-Saturday. Sorry, no pick-up times are available on Sundays.
- Pick-up orders = no minimum
- Local delivery (Victoria area) = $50 minimum
- BC (outside Victoria) = $100 minimum
- Canada-wide = $200 minimum
Yes. Any size order can be shipped, but regular Canada Post parcel rates will apply.
Depending on demand, local delivery will be provided Monday to Friday by yours truly, Mike Rathjen, owner and winegrower at Rathjen Cellars... via the winery Prius!The local delivery area encompasses all of the Saanich Peninsula, Victoria proper, and out to the western communities as far as Metchosin.
We are encouraging all orders to be placed and paid for through our online store, but we can also accept e-transfers. For in-store pick up, contact-less payment for debit, credit and Apple Pay is available. All orders will be packed at the winery under sanitary conditions. We will use all necessary sanitary precautions as outlined by VIHA and provincial health regulations for order pick-up and delivery.